Monday, March 9, 2009

Wow, so you know nothing about me

I realize I've been negligent in creating some sort of FAQ/About me blog post. So, without further ado, with questions I pulled from a leadership seminar I had to attend [Eye Roll], here are some answers.


Why were you given your particular name?

My first name means pride and my parents, in particular my mom, hate my name. (Don't do this to your kids). As part of Indian tradition, the husband's side of the family gets to choose the child's name, and my uncle named me. Despite my parents having a serious conversation to try and change my name when I was 11 (DUDE 11!!), my name is what it is. My mom introduces me by my first and middle name together to this day and it is still aggravating. A few upsides: my name is easy to spell and pronounce and the same name as one of my mom's best friends.


How many brothers and sisters do you have?

1 brother only, he's 2 years younger. I do have about 40 some odd first cousins though.


What is your favorite thing to do?

Such a hard question, but hang out with friends. This involves eating, laughing, mocking the world, watching tv/movies, shopping, trying out new recipes. By myself, my favorite thing to do is read.


What is your favorite food?

I need to have an entire post dedicated to this. I love food--all kinds of food. In no specific order: pizza, hamburgers, chocolate, cake, tacos, eggplant parmesan, salmon, sushi, vietnamese sandwiches, hummus, fried chicken, fried shrimp, chile rellenos, chips and dip, cheese, spanakopita, stuffed mushrooms, samosas, chicken kiev, barbeque, chai lattes, ice cream, pad thai, macaroni and cheese.


Where do you live?

Houston, TX.


We'll do more later after you're somewhat recovered from the boredom.


No comments:

Post a Comment