Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My current life loves

I love reading random product suggestions from other bloggers, be it food, makeup, clothes, or even cleaning products. It's just nice to hear an unbiased review from actual people. Kind of like when your friend randomly tells you that the latest lipgloss she randomly picked up at Walgreen's is, in fact, the greatest thing ever. Anyway, here are top ten recent discoveries that have made my life just a bit better. Some of them are old, but because it's not fun reading that the best product ever costs $1,000--all of these things are under $100.
  1. International Delight English Almond Toffee creamer; it's really, really good and makes instant coffee taste like a latte from Starbucks. No joke, guys. It thickens and sweetens coffee the perfect amount.

  2. Lancome Magique Blush: I always preferred powder blush, until I stumbled on this one day. It's super easy to put on, blends really easily, and lasts a long time. Plus, it gives the skin a little bit of a shine. Best part--if you look, you can find this at TJ Maxx for $10. All the colors are really nice, but the one I wear all the time is Raspberry Souffle. It looks bright, but goes on sheer. Way to put this on: take your pointer and middle finger and lightly dab in the blush. Rub it onto the same fingers on your other hand and then rub on your cheeks. Perfect.

  3. L'Oreal Infallible Concealer: I used to not wear concealer. Then a good friend of mine nicely told me I needed to wear some. (Apparently all the "you look tired" comments didn't click.) Anyway, I still didn't wear concealer and then one day I found this at Walgreen's marked down to ~$2.50, so I bought one. And, I use it every day. It's in stick form--and while it doesn't work as well as the Laura Mercier one from my friend, I don't have to use a brush, or get my fingers really messy or really anything. Just smear on, blend a little, and I'm set. And, my friend did ask me this weekend if I was looking better because I had on concealer. Score.

  4. Arranged: This movie is excellent. Really, really good. It's about two young women, one orthodox jewish and one conservative muslim and how they find love through the arranged marriage process. I identified with this movie more than I care to admit, but even if you have never even heard of such a thing, it's still an entertaining enough movie.

  5. The Nine: Such a good book. I love politics with a scary passion, and my two favorite branches of government are the executive and the judicial. This book covers the details of the recent Supreme Court and it's done in a way that I would write a book about my office co-workers, full of details on their lives and only full of office gossip and politics. It's an informative read that's a pleasure to consume.

  6. Blue Peep: This is not the actual name. It's actually called the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, but it was nicknamed blue peep on makeupalley, so that's what I call it. This thing is great--it really does make your makeup look natural. It's not everyday user friendly since it requires a cleaning after every use, but when I use it for special occasions it makes a big difference. It also puts on my lancome blush (#2) really well. Like I know what I'm doing or something.

  7. J Crew dream-tie cardigan: This has been one of my most favorite purchases of the winter season. It's not a typical cardigan, but it's a layering piece. It ties together in a bow, but it's not cutesy--it looks structured without being a button up cardigan. I can wear it to work and wear it on the weekend. Easy and versatile. A good find on ebay or JCA weekly exchange.

  8. Anthropologie earrings: I know I just wrote three posts on earrings--but these earrings are awesome. They are fun, fancy and reasonably priced. Can't beat them.

  9. Curvy fit pants: I have a hard time finding pants that I like that also fit. I have a narrow waist in proportion to my hips (sigh). And then, I finally found them. The Jackson fit at Banana Republic and the curvy fit at the Gap fit perfectly. They aren't loose at the waist and tight through the thigh unlike other pants (Martin fit), nor are they straight from top to bottom (Ryan fit). These pants fit really well and I'm willing to bet that for most girls they fit better than the current pants they are wearing.

  10. Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Cream: This cream has changed my skin. It's an 8% AHA of 70% solution, and most skin care people recommend between 5-15% of AHA without doctor supervision. I wash my face, put on a light layer and go to sleep. In the morning--my skin is noticeably brighter. Caveat, this does dry out skin, so use a good moisturizer at night and in the morning along with sunblock. But dude, your skin, will look fabulous.

Wow, that's a long list. Any recent products change your life? Please tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment