Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
2. Romance novels. There. I said it. I don't read the ones with the goofy cover guys but I occasionally pick up the mystery/romance genre (think, Linda Howard and Sandra Brown) and every single time I read it I am satisfied. They're not books that stay with you or make you think, but enjoyable and easy to get through. Compare an oreo versus a bittersweet chocolate covered ginger from Godiva. Clearly, the ginger is superior, but the oreo is damn tasty all the same.
3. Drugstore dupes of high end makeup.
5. Qatar airlines and their incredibly cheap tickets to India.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
This was originally going to be a post about my favorite jewelry, but there's just too much! So, now I've decided to split it apart into my favorite earrings, necklaces, and other. And then, I split it apart further, because too much scrolling is no fun.
Rather than the list format I've used in past posts, I thought it would be fun to make a collage. Since I haven't yet learned how to write in polyvore, this took approximately forever.
Earrings that I love - by Iheartgreen on Polyvore.com
1. Vintage 1970s rhinestone earrings, Nina, $450;
Look at them. So pretty and detailed. Unfortunately, they were featured in Instyle in May 2005 and they cost a bunch for rhinestones, so more of a distant love versus a tangible love for me.
2. Eliot Danori Crystal Huggie Earrings, $40; I have earrings very similar to this (mine are pave with no design) and I wear them all the time. To sleep too. So comfortable and they match everything.
3. Luxe ombre chandelier earrings,Banana Republic, $69; colorful and go with everything!
4. Sapphire blue stud earrings, Emitations, $55; I fell in love with these when I saw Katie Holmes wear them. Hopefully they will look as good on me.
5. Petits fours flower earrings, Kate Spade, $65; These come in pink and green, though the green are sold out. Boo.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Today's was: How to greet people in Australian: G'day.
Seriously?! I hope this was a prank pulled by some computer programmer at Yahoo! that thought it would be funny to consider Australian a language. Because Yahoo! programmer, the language in Australia is English! Sigh.
1. My family: seriously, they all love me and are always willing to help and offer support. Very lucky, not grateful enough.
2. Fruit danishes: must contain lots of fruit and lots of sugary icing.
4. Pave earrings that I can sleep in and always appropriate for work.
5. Co-workers who can offer a unique understanding of daily situations.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
And then, after making out with my new green shoes, I would buy them in purple:
Of course, there are also the silk Avignon's that I mentioned in a previous post. They also come in turquoise silk with a yellow bow that makes me giddy when I look at them.
So, I realize I complain about the outrageous prices for all the other shoes I posted--and this price is totally reasonable--it's $35 for payless. Which is like $120 for Via Spiga's, basically the fair, un-sale price, value for the shoe. $35 is the most I would pay for Payless shoes is what I'm trying to say. It's easy to spend it on these.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Girly, girly! I know! But, so very cute. Pink shoes with a lavender bow. Price tag makes me wonder if the gold lining inside is 24 Kt. Or if it came from Mummys' tombs.
The color is perfect. It's not carnation pink, it's not salmon, it's not pink aria whatever the hell that is, but it's so uniquely pink. Excuse the weird expression on the model's face.
Wouldn't this just add the perfect pop of color to an outfit? Also, a totally doable price. I bought this in the champagne color because I thought it was more practical and, well, I should have bought it in pink as well. I seem to be liking metallics more and more lately.
Saturdays are full of potential, but I always feel like I've wasted them. If I sleep in and laze around all day I wish I had spent the time accomplishing all that needs to be done. If I run around doing errands and chores all day, well, then it doesn't feel like a day off.
Sundays are like Saturday except I usually end up actually needing to do some work then too--so even worse.
But, Friday used to be my day. Friday was glorious. Until my MD killed Fridays. Sigh. This bank is the destroyer of Fun. Friday mornings are ridiculously busy so that we can get something out by Friday before 1pm. After that, it's a "how long until we can go home" game.
I need a new favorite day now. Maybe Saturday from 2pm to Sunday 2am.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
1. Banana Republic Pansy Brooch. So very, very pretty. Why they call this color pine is beyond me--the only pine color I can think of is the brown-green in the crayon box that I had to use when the actual green went missing. ($34)
- Things I like/love
- Interesting articles
- Books that I hope to one day read
- Ideas to better the world
If anything, this should be a good place to compile my day to day thoughts in a semi-organized manner. We'll see how long it lasts : ).